Thursday, January 13, 2011

This is me procrastinating

I have a problem. This problem causes me to forever have at least one load of laundry to be done, my bedroom trash to be emptied, my car vacuumed, my "need-to-iron" pile to stay exactly the same size, my stairs swept... *groan*... I know you know what I'm talking about.

Procrastination.

If procrastination were a guy, he would beg to marry me. Because I am oh so fond of him. I mean, unless there is a pressing reason to complete a task, my brain doesn't understand why I should go ahead and do it anyway. I obviously have issues with this, or I wouldn't be blogging about it.

There are about 38 other things I should be doing right now instead of sitting at the computer, but of course I opt to sit here because it's clearly easier, and more entertaining than folding my clean laundry that I washed 4 days ago. 4 days ago. Is there rehab for chronic procrastinators??? I think I'm making myself crazy with always having little tasks to complete that would only take a few minutes individually but I let them pile up until I have a list that takes 2 days to accomplish.

Maybe I'll just continue on with my bad habit, and blame it on my dad. I definitely inherited it from him. My mom has to get things taken care of immediately. So fast in fact, that sometimes I get really annoyed because I don't see why she's rushing around, getting all stressed and frazzled. But then, she isn't the one that has a 2 day long list to complete now is she?

*Sigh* I obviously know the one and only solution to my problem is. Question is, will I actually do it? Ehh...

I can't wait until I get a steady job. I am so going to pay my sister to do my laundry. ( No, Bethany and Kayla, I do not know which sister, so don't ask me about it yet)

3 comments:

  1. I will pick up your room and do your laundry, besides Amber who is the most organized and responsible one when it come to cleaning? Yeah I think we know the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If procrastination were a guy and begging you to marry him, you would still be single because you would just keep putting him off...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this really IS you procrastinating, since you haven't posted in for ever. Way to stick with something. Commitment-phobe?
    I can't believe you all didn't tell us about the Chic-fil-A fundraiser. I'm so mad.

    ReplyDelete